Saturday, February 14, 2009

Movie Day

I went to see the new Clive Owens Movie "The International" this afternoon. It was excellent. Owen's character takes on a bank involved with arms dealing and ruthlessly eliminates all those who would oppose them. I found it exciting and interesting. The Trailer is below. I recommend it.

Then this evening I finished watching my Netflix DVD of HBO's John Adams. It is based on the book by David McCullough.

McCullough is a National Treasure and I recommend that you read this book as well as his other books. Truman being my favorite. He won the Pulitzer Prize for both Truman and John Adams.

The Series was in seven parts and I have now watched all seven hours of them. They were marvelous and I was surprised to find that Tom Hanks is the executive producer of the series. I have not been a fan of Hanks but watching him discuss the film and seeing his enthusiasm for the project and for history and having seen him in several films I may have to reassess my feelings. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ANGELS AND DEMONS due out May 15. The trailer for the series is also below.




I will say this that I try not to get to the theater anymore much before the start time of the film. I really don't like to watch the thinly disguised advertisements before the previews. It is enough for me to see the previews and I am looking forward to two films I saw advertised. Another Clive Owens film (This time with the lovely Julia Roberts) called Duplicity and there is a film coming out on Earth Day. It is a Walt Disney Nature film, Earth and it is about life on earth. I used to watch the Disney Nature shows and am glad to see them doing this again. The life on this planet is very worthy of documentation. The current generation needs to be made more aware of the rich diversity of life on this planet.

I also discovered a site which gives Movie Release Dates and have bookmarked it. You can find out more about the movies coming out by visiting there.

So that was my day. Oh yes, I also held the cat, got licked and took a nap. Very relaxing day. And I didn't really accomplish much of anything. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

No comments: