Friday, February 27, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

This Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: Netflix, mortgage, skunk, flagrant, the New York Times, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, perpendicular, geometry, crabby, shoveling snow

Mini Challenge: pragmatic, crystal ball, laundry, safflower oil, Gregorian chants

"Honestly I do not understand a word of where this conversation is going," said Sallyie. "I think I will check the mailbox to see if the next DVD from Netflix is here yet. I got an e-mail saying it was on the way. "

"Oh good" said Saydie, "perhaps the mortgage bill will be here soon, it needs to be paid. I am going to take a bath now I am beginning to smell like a skunk Have you seen the New York Times Book magazine? They had a review of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in it that I want to read."

LaGi looked over at the girls and said, "You know it is a flagrant violation of the house rules to read while soaking in a tub. The Kindle may drop in the water and that would be $400 down the tubes."

"Oh LaGi, Phrog dropped the Kindle in the toilet last week. Now we have to read everything on paper. We have to remain perpendicular while doing so or the geometry, professor will get crabby again and make us spend our days shoveling snow."

Well we must be pragmatic, about it. Phrog was ill after all. Perhaps it is covered by insurance? Anyway I would need a crystal ball to find it in this mess. Why don't you go do the laundry and get the place cleaned up a little bit. I must find my safflower oil as my skin is getting dry. Oh yes, By the way we have to schedule a group to come in and practice the Gregorian chants for our rally for my election as Chief Salamander. Anybody seen Phrog?"


I will put up next weeks words when Raven gets them out. I have to do this early because I am off to a meeting today. Anybody tired of this story?

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: chopping block, reading list, bangles, oracle, plan, fandango, spelling bee, calendar, utilitarian, flower pot

Mini Challenge: Siberia, citrus fruit, roofer, shamrock, twinkle twinkle little star

8 comments:

HeatherK said...

Great use of the words. I have been away from Saturday Wordzzles so have not had opportunity to read all of your stories. I fell we should all get paid for advertising Netflix.

Dr.John said...

Who could get tired of Phrog and the crew?
I look forward to the story every week.

bettygram said...

I liked the picture of the reading of the New York Times. Remaining perpendicular while reading must be difficult for a Salamander as well as human.

Richard said...

I was pleased to find how up to date the Salamanders are in the technology dept. I saw the guy from Amazon on the Daily show this week hyping the new Kindle. It must have impressed the sisters.

Raven said...

I never tire of Phrog and the sisters. They have such wide ranging interests and adventures. Hope the meeting went well.

Akelamalu said...

Tired of your story? Never! Great stuff again. :)

Dianne said...

I saw the Amazon guy with Jon Stewart too! He really should have mentioned how useful the Kindle is for salamanders as well as humans. They were having a great time joking about reading with one hand ;)

gabrielle said...

There is no point to a technology that would prohibit reading in the bathtub.

I too am a fan of Phrog's adventures. See you next week.