Monday, February 9, 2009

Ruby Tuesday on Monday

I don't participate in Ruby Tuesday but today the pictures I took all seem to have a bit of red or Rust in them. This is the entrance to Audubon's Restaurant at the Gateway Hotel where I met my friend Dallas for lunch.
I love the sculpture. I don't know the name of it but to me it says DANCE!
And this picture is one of the nicest people I know. Mrs. Rust and I worked together in the Ames Schools and we still get together to have lunch once in awhile. Today it was a belated birthday celebration for her.
And then as I drove in to my house I saw these "leftovers" from last summer. I love the rusty color of the seed heads.
The president is on the tube right now with a press conference. It is wonderful to listen to an articulate man who can pronounce multi syllabic words and does not talk to people like they were dumb and he was intelligent. I don't like everything he has done or has not done yet but I do enjoy listening to him and what he has to say. I also appreciate that he is having a press conference and is answering questions. I have always enjoyed listening to the British Prime Minister answering all kinds of questions and I like the fact that the reporters feel that they can question the president without him retaliating against them with punishments or with just a condescending attitude. And I am so glad that Cheney is gone and just wish no one would interview him and his evil attitude.

He just took a question from Helen. She is a national treasure. And it is nice to see her treated with the respect she deserves. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

No comments: