Friday, February 6, 2009

Movie Night

Because I have "things" to do this week-end and because I have been wanting to see the new Clint Eastwood move I decided to go to the first matinee tonight. I am glad I did.

Eastwood is a national treasure. He plays Walt Kowalski a retired auto worker in the movie Gran Torino. (Spoiler alert) He also directed the movie. His neighborhood is changing and there are a lot of Hmog and other immigrants in the neighborhood.

Walt is an angry man and subvocalizes some pretty non politically correct statements. But I liked him immediately. He reminded me of some of my Lodge Brothers.

I have to admit that I was the only one laughing in the movie. I found so much of it funny. Eastwood's character really appealed to me. I pretty much knew how this was going to work itself out but I enjoyed it. I was worried about the dog because there were gang members in the story and I was sure something was going to happen to the dog. It seems like I always worry about the dogs because they become the innocent victims of so much human crap. But I needen't have.

The ending was surprising and it brought tears to my eyes but the whole thing was very well done and worth my time and money. I recommend you see it.

No comments: