Thursday, February 19, 2009

I hope I got these in the right order - Bob's Eagles

The series starts out with the eagle basking in the tree and watching diligently for a flicker in the water. He saw one and went fishing and in the second shot he is carrying his fish up to the tree for a snack.


This sequence shows an eagle swooping into a turn, and then dipping down so low his wing tip is splashing. As he approaches the talons come out,
he grabs the fish making a splash, and the confused fish goes up into the air for a ride (for a short while!). A few seconds later, the eagle reaches down with his beak, while he is flying, grabs the fish from its talons and in a few chops has his snack gone!



The last image was the very last frame that showed the entire eagle when it flew over me on the bridge. The post on the blog of February 16 shows the same eagle in an earlier frame, which was followed by this one, and by then he was over my head and off to other adventures. They are a magestic spectacle of nature indeed.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Lovely photos

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

These are quite wonderful. I've been saving this post so I could come back to it when I wasn't working a 10-hour day!

This photos really show what a majestic bird the eagle is.