Friday, February 13, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.


This Week's Ten Word Challenge is: ubiquitous, do you see what I see, getting a word in edgewise, wild goose chase, grandmother of five, Freemasons, Pacific Paradise, everything and nothing, insanity prevails

Mini Challenge: shortening the distance, it’s all about bloggers, the Fortress at Pigeon Falls, finding Pam, a raven’s nest

Next LaGi walked over to Phrog glanced at the Wooden Shoes with High heels and said, " Well I see that the Chief Salamander is getting ready for the meeting. Do you know the title of his speech?"

"It is called Shortening the Distance to the Podium and is subtitled It’s All About Bloggers." He gave it last year at the regional meeting at tthe Fortress at Pigeon Falls. He was there to look at the movie Finding Pam, a Raven’s Nest production."

Phrog looked up at LaGi and said, "Well if it isn' t the ubiquitous, LaGi. How are things in the Monster business?"

La Gi, looked deeply into Phrog's eyes and said, " Do you see what I see?"

"No," said Phrog who was trying to keep getting a word in edgewise . I sent you on a wild goose chase to find a grandmother of five at the Freemason's Hall over at Pacific Paradise. It was for everything and nothing and as usual with the lady Freemasons insanity prevails. I understand they are all suffering from paraskavedekatriaphobia and need to have someone come to hold their hands and quiet their fears."

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: spring fever, coyote, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, birds of a feather, broken camera, artificial flavoring, cane, garage, ask and it is given, gay

Mini Challenge: glorious, sugar and spice, premature baldness, gargoyles, campaign trail

8 comments:

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Ahhhhh, another interesting day in the life of Phrog. Have a great week.

Alice at I Was Born2Cree8

Wordzzle Challenge – Feb. 14 ‘09

Anonymous said...

When it comes to phobias, the only one I have is a phobia of ever having to say out loud: paraskavedekatriaphobia!

Great story. I love how you worked in all the words and a timely commentary on the date as well.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dr.John said...

And so Phrog goes on. Thank you for the cross link. I didn't know there were lady Free Masons.Now your stories are not only enjoyable but also informative.
Well done.

bettygram said...

I liked your story of Phrog and I learn about women in Free Masons and people having paraskavedekatriaphobia.

Raven said...

Thanks for the link to paraskavedekatriaphobia (what a mouthful!) and about lady Freemasons. I was pretty sure there women in Freemasons... Iwanted to make my character a lady freemason but I wasn't quite positive and didn't want to get it wrong and was too lazy and blue to look it up. High heeled wooden shoes are an interesting idea.

Dianne said...

the links are great, love to learn something new

I see you like wooden high heels ;)
perhaps we have an invention?

and I love "shortening the distance to the podium" - sounds like a self help book for public speaking

Mia sends hugs to you and all the furkids

Finding Pam said...

I am excited to learn something new and interesting today. I enjoyed your stories and how you used the words.

Paraskavedekatriaphobia is one phobia I don't have!

Thanks for the good read and Happy Valentine's Day to you.

Richard said...

Great story this week and thanks for the info on the Freemasons.