Monday, March 2, 2009

The Adventures of Charlotte/ Quote for Today

A stereotype is like a piece of clothing you can't take off.
Charlotte - The Bard of Dakar

I have written about Charlotte before. She is a former Edwards student and probably the most gifted writer I have ever had the pleasure to teach. No probably about it. She is!

She is studying in Dakar and is writing a blog about her journey/adventures. In the post for today she writes about racism and what it is like for her as a white person in this country and her reaction. She also touches on French colonialism and the way families relate to one another. Charlotte is a wise woman even though she is still young in chronological age.

I recommend that you visit the Bard by clicking here.

I just found her boyfriend's blog in which he writes about her. Sounds like a soulmate to me.

And to read one of her stories (for which she won first prize) click here.

There now, I have done my duty for today. The eclectic world continues. Enjoy. jcs

No comments: