Saturday, March 14, 2009

Something New


This morning I met with the Iowa York Rite leaders. We have been meeting periodically to discuss the Rite and what can be done to help things in the state. One of the things which was suggested was that we needed a calendar of state wide events so people can see what is going on around the state. So I volunteered to put it together. Now if you want to know what is happening in the York Rite you can click on the calendar on the left and go to the Iowa York Rite Events Calendar or you can also use the link under "calendars" in the left hand column. I also do a Iowa Masonic Events Calendar with Grand Lodge and Scottish Rite Events (if I know about them). Hey, it beats watching television.

They had a Commandery School this afternoon but I had to come home to let the puppies out
Here is a picture of a very interesting discussion that was going on.

In other news it was interesting to me and it will be to Ginny that I noticed a name on the list of building contacts for today. Hmmn, I thought that name is familiar.. So since I was there first I opened up the building and waited. After awhile I saw her and I did see a family (her family not mine) resemblance so I asked her if Marsha was her mom. I got the most puzzled look from her. So I identified myself as Jon's Uncle Jay. Surprise, smile and a great big hug from one of the prettiest of their family. In fact I think she was even on a TV show. Beauty and the Geek (and she did not play the Geek) - Anyway she works in the Consistory to be a building contact when Shane is not there. It is interesting how the circles intersect. It was a fun surprise.

Thanks for stopping by and go look at the new calendar if you are interested. You can also find it on the Iowa York Rite Honors Blogspot. Tomorrow is Pancake Day at the Temple. I will try to get some pictures to share. If you are in Ames, stop out to the Masonic Temple at 107 Alexander and eat pancakes to help the York Rite Charities.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

blueberry pancakes I trust?
They are my favorite.