Monday, March 9, 2009

New Joint in Town




Black Market Pizza is new in town - Click on the logo to go to their Site.


This is Summerset. A very nice area of Ames. There is a new place to go for Pizza there.
This is the entrance to the place. It is right down the street from The Cafe' which I wrote about the other day. Or maybe I didn't write about it per se but it is where Kurt and I took Trevor for his birthday lunch.
This is the inside. It is nothing fancy. Utilitarian almost. You go in and go to the counter and place your order. You can pick up your dirnk, paper plate and napkin and then you wait. They bring the Pizza out to you.
One of the owners - He recommended the Sausage and mushroom. I decided on the Deep Dish. He said that he made the sausage himself. You know I would not have found this place if it weren't for Larry at the Grove Cafe. He recommended it to me when I was in there the other day. I am not sorry I went.
This was the small deep dish pizza. I did order the sausage and mushroom and it was to die for. I highly recommend it. I was only able to eat half of it. I will have the rest for lunch tomorrow.

So today was really very nice. I had lunch at Cazador with Dallas and I was glad to catch up with her and then I ran into these folks at the Pizza place. Darryl and Joyce are two of my parents. That is two parents of former students. I was able to catch up on Zack and Noah one of whom is in Provo, Utah and the other in Kansas City. Both married with kids and it sounds like things are going well for both of them. A very special family, I was glad to catch up with them and to find out that Darryl used to be a Mason. Perhaps he will come back.

Black Market Pizza was started by three laid off workers and you can read about them and even see a video about the decision to start up the businss here. It was the first time I visited there. It won't be the last. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to try the Black Marked Pizza. Hugs, j

1 comment:

SHUDNA'S FOOD BLOG said...

Looks good yummy - bring it to Los Angeles. Slurp