Friday, March 6, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

ThisWeek's Ten Word Challenge: chopping block, reading list, bangles, oracle, plan, fandango, spelling bee, calendar, utilitarian, flower pot

Mini Challenge: Siberia, citrus fruit, roofer, shamrock, twinkle twinkle little star


Phrog has returned to bed. He has a horrendous cold which he got from one of the Grand Officers of the Order. They were practicing singing the Chants and got to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star when he started sneezing. At first he thought that he was allergic to the shamrock plant that the roofer had given him with the citrus fruit from Siberia that he had brought back from his summer trip. It was in a flower pot that was not very utilitarian but did have a calendar painted on it. But is was only good for use once or twice every ten years. Anyway he had to cancel the spelling bee and the fandango dance which he had scheduled for the Order of the Salamander Gala. A new plan must be decided on and this one he would keep secret, He would consult the oracle, purchase some new bangles and revise the reading list. His head felt like it was on the chopping block and he wanted to sleep. But before he did that he put in an order to his stock broker to purchase some more Kleenex stock.

OK folks just call me Phrog and the advice about the Kleenex Stock is valad. I am draining the swamp that is my sinus. Words are in reverse order this week as that is the way I feel. Have a great week-end.

Next Week's words -


Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: sugar bowl, cotton, wizard, fund-raising, Ben Hur, salmonella, luke warm, telescope, bank, walk-a-thon

Mini Challenge: challenge, sparkling cider, melancholy, snail mail, master carpenter

8 comments:

Carletta said...

Hi Jay,
Sure hope you're feeling better.
I thought the Kleenex stock line was perfect.
I have to say I never thought about using the words in order or reverse order - ingenious.
Do take care.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hi Jay, sorry to hear you're not feeling on top of the world just now. However, it doesn't seem to have cramped your writing style, lol. Great reading as always. Hope you're soon feeling good again.

Dr.John said...

Never knew you were Phrog. It could just be a coincidence you both have sinus infections at the same time.
You will feel better in the morning and it will pass.
For a sick man you certainly produced your usual high quality story.
Now if the DeMolay had had the kind of ceremonies that the Order of the Salamander has I might have gone on to the Masons.

bettygram said...

I feel sorry for Phrog for life with a cold or alergies is difficult. It is hard to think.

Raven said...

I loved your kleenex line but was sorry to learn it is reality based.

I hope you are soon feeling better. I used to have terrible sinus problems but seem to have (mercifully) outgrown them. Hope you are drained in no time and that an investment in Kleenex stock pays you back for your suffering. As always, I enjoy Phrog and co.

Richard said...

Great story, sorry about the snot issue; get better quick.

Finding Pam said...

It seems we all suffer the illness of the allergies that will not relent. I am happy that you penned such a wonderful story. I hope you are better soon. Don't forget the chicken soup. I like Phrog.

Dianne said...

well you're a better man that I am! I had a sinus headache and didn't touch the computer all weekend