Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,



Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you, I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.

John 14:27
Christianity

May the wicked become good.
May the good obtain peace
May the peaceful be freed from bonds.
May the freed set others free.

Universal Prayer 1:1
Hinduism

Patrick wrote this book to speak out for peace. The Hindu prayer shows the effects of the wicked becoming good. How it leads to peace and freedom.

I really like the book of John. To me it is the most profound book of the Bible. It opened my thought and my heart up to God. When I fix my mind on the peace of God I find it hard to believe that His children (as we all are) could have spent so much time and energy on war and on things which destroy rather than build. As a Mason I am a builder. As such I try (and remember folks, the operative word here is try) to build my Masonic edifice so that my "stone" will fit with the others in building the heavenly temple.

Now there are fellows I don't much care for and don't hang around with and that is fine. I don't wish them ill and really they can be a part of the Temple also. Just fit their stone in around the corner or on a different wall. Then we can dwell together in peace and the Lodges can close with "peace and harmony prevailing."

If you didn't see it be sure to go and listen to Patrick's talk from Ohio. It is in four parts but well worth listening to. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

No comments: