Monday, March 16, 2009

The Other Bouquet

This is the other bouquet of daffodils. You can't tell from the picture but this vase has bluebirds on it. The lamp is one that my grandmother had. She had an antique shop and I grew up in her home surrounded by beautiful things. After she died (suddenly) my grandfather sold most of her antiques including this lamp. After he had sold it he told one of his daughters that he regretted selling the lamp. They went to the person who had purchased it and explained the situation to them and got the lamp back. It is my favorite thing, I guess I have had it in the house for 50 some years. I give some things away and I enjoy being able to do so but this isn't going to be given to anyone. The little dish beside it is really a nice piece. a footed bowl. My Aunt Ellen had taken it as one of the anitques which were left when my grandfather died. He had left everything to my mother but she being Ruthie would not stand for that. She put everything out on tables and had her sisters come and pick what they wanted. They took turns and Ellen had chosen this. (she had good taste) - I told mom that I was glad she took it but it was a piece I had liked. When Ellen died my Aunt Jo did the same thing and so Mom chose it as one of the things she wanted and had it resilvered and gave it to me. The table belongs to my sister. It was her grandmothers. (Ginny and I had different fathers.)
Here is a closeup of the flowers. I am so ready for Spring. It was warm today and it is supposed to be up to 70 degrees tomorrow, That will probably cause the "real" daffodils in my front to sprout and soon I will have my own. I can't wait.
Tonight I went down to the Consistory building to work on ritual with Kurt. He finally let me get a good picture of him. Kurt is working on memorizing the Council Ritual and I "hold the book" for him. Unfortunately he and I get to talking and sometimes the Ritual work gets short-changed. But you know he and I started a Lodge and we are both involved in another Masonic Organization and we are hosting the Consistory Social Time on Wednesdays for four Wednesdays so there was a lot of conspiring - uh planning - to do. Other than that I really did not accomplish anything of note today. But I had a nice time. Hope your day was good. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j-bear.

2 comments:

kenju said...

Your lamp is beautiful, Jay, and it looks like the table yours sits on is similar to mine also, except mine is white marble. Aren't we lucky to have such nice heirlooms?!

kenju said...

ON second look, I noticed your silver basket. I have one of those too, but mine needs to be re-silvered. It seems we like all the same things!