Sunday, June 14, 2009

Am I Boring You Yet?

First the pictures from last night's banquet:



There aren't too many of them - I mean how many pictures of people all dressed up do you want to look at? But it gives you a feel for the evening. It was very nice and the folks at my table were the best. Junior Past Intendent General Glenn Holmes finally got the thanks from me for recommending me for the position. You see I refused to believe it would happen until it did. I am very grateful and that is enough about that. I am home now. This was the sky when I left this morning. I got away about 7:15 AM. - I got here around 6:00 PM. Long day.
There were lightning strikes all along and occasional heavy rain but not much and not for too long. It was basically your typical uneventful boring Interstate driving trip. I did enjoy the Kansas portion of the trip and loved the flint hills and the cattle grazing. I got to Kansas City about 12:30 and met Ginny and Bruce (her fella) for dinner at Ruby Tuesday. I had the ribs and believe me they are to die for.
So with all the "stuff" I saw and the honors, etc the best part of the trip was getting to see my sister. It has been over a year since I have actually seen her. She looks pretty good. (that is in this picture. I deleted the one with her eyes closed.) She wants to move back to Iowa and Bruce wants to move to Virginia. He may decide to move to Iowa City and that would be the best - (He is going to work on a double PHD.) but if he doesn't, I will be looking for a handicap accessible place for Ginny. She is due to graduate in a few weeks and will be looking for a job. I am proud of her. Five years ago everyone seemed ready to give up on her but she showed them. I really hope Bruce will decide to go to the University of Iowa. It would be so nice to have them close by and Bruce is such a nice guy. (but don't tell him I said that.) A person can drive over to Iowa City and back or we could meet at the Amanas and see each other once in awhile.

Enough chatter, I have laundry to do and a glass of wine to sip. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that pic on the road.

http://louduk.blogspot.com/

Nessa said...

it is nice to have family nearby, but not too close; D