Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Severn's Eagle Scout Project

Kurt and I went to practice last night and on the way down we stopped at his church so I could see the painting above. One of our Lodge Brothers (Severn Lang) designed it for his Eagle Scout Project. I am very impressed with Eagle Scouts. Both Kurt and Severn are Eagle Scouts and I am very impressed with them also. They are good friends.

Kurt and I practiced, solved all the problems of the world and then met Severn at Djangos for supper. We like it there. We solved some more problems and had a good conversation.

Night before last my air conditioner stopped working and the house got hot. So I got up in the middle of the night and read. I am reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. Not a real positive read. I mean it is well written but it is a "postapocalyptic" novel and I am enjoying the writing if not the subjet matter. I don't think it will "end well."

Max went to the dentist yesterday and had his teeth cleaned and I am about $300 poorer. But it needed to be done. Brenda picked him up in the morning and Jon went up and got him in the afternoon. It worked out and it was good for Jon to go there. The last time he went there was when he had his other dog euthanized. So he needed to go there to drive the ghosts away. When I got home Bailey was locked in the bathroom. I am sure Bailey isn't going to like it but when I get the new carpet that will happen more and more.

We are getting thunderstorms but it is still 84 degrees outside. It was hotter earlier. Perhaps I will sit out on the back porch and watch the rain when it comes. Thanks for stopping by ARTYAL. Hugs - They keep us going. j

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That's a beautiful painting.

Nessa said...

Love the painting.

I stopped in the middle of "The Road" and haven't picked it back up yet. It does require a certain mind set to read it. It is very well written but incredibly depressing.