Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

This Week's Ten Word Challenge:
swashbuckler, heads-up, dry martini, recovery, jungle gym, whiskers, bathing suit, spade, circular reasoning, abrasive

The Mini Challenge: butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth, stagnation, chart, star crossed lovers, apricot brandy


Phrog put on his swashbuckler, costume. Said, "Heads-up, girls, give me a dry martini. I am on the road to recovery. As soon as I get over this jungle gym that is in my way and tug three times on my chin whiskers while pulling on my bathing suit and digging this hole with my spade we will be on our way."

I want no more of your circular reasoning. It is too abrasive." By the way have you seen the pictures from the Order of the Salamander's Ceremony? I thought these were them.


Sayllie smiled at him - (butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth), "No Phrog", she said, Those pictures are from the Shrine Ceremonial. They have nothing to do with the Order. The Order seems to have gone into a period of stagnation. Just look at this chart!"

Oh my said Phrog, Where are the pictures of the star crossed lovers? We really need them. I am feeling so faint. Where is my apricot brandy."

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: nausea, everything is on sale, expect great things, frying pan, pledge, birds of a feather, stick, Saturday morning, liver and bacon, caterpillars

For the mini challenge: aggravation, protective, bargain basement, take me out to the ballgame, break a leg


4 comments:

Raven said...

You made it! Loved the pictures. I always enjoy Phrog and the sisters.

Hope you had a good time in Altoona. (?? is that where you went?)

CJ said...

Liked your story ---and especially the photos. My grandfather belonged to something like that and always wore those crazy hats and robes. When I was little, I thought he was supposed to be a wizard ---maybe he was.

Dianne said...

I was worried about ya :)

love how you inserted the photos

Stephen said...

I liked your story. It was fun to picture Phrog dressed up as a swashbuckler. He sure had a lot of stuff to do before he could leave. It almost seemed like it was a special ritual for something. Perhaps we'll see later on what he needed the hole for.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/