Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This and That

This was the sky on my way home from dinner with Kurt and kids last night. We ate at Ruby Tuesday - Tomorrow is the boy's birthday and I had t-shirts for the kids from the Cowboy Museum. We went there because Lyssa works there and this way she could be in on it also. I had a great time.

There is a man who lives in my town. I have seen him all over town. He wears a dress. He also has a full beard. He obviously is shunned by most people. But I have seen him at the Library and walking down the street and sometime he eats at the Grove Cafe. I have generally just ignored him and looked away. Yesterday while I was at the cafe the waitress gave me his poem. I don't know the man's name but he wrote this. - It says:

I need a family would you please be part of it Lets sit down together and share and love and care Build a world with clean water earth sea air be made of warm smiles hugs love eyes smile brighter than all the stars above if You are tired lonely or beat take off your shoes pull up a seat dream nice dreams I'll kiss your feet I am here to love you be loved by you you to I :---: You :---: Fondest loves come true whether our time together be short or long thanks be my poem PLEASE be my song PEACE be our union our kinship be strong
We are a family can I please be apart of it.


As you can see it was written in a circular pattern. I had to turn it around and around. No punctuation - but what a message! I had never thought of him as being anything other than a strange man with a beard who wore a dress. Someone told me that he had told them he dressed that way because he wanted to be a woman. Someone else said it was because he wore them in memory of a young girl. I doubt that I will ever know but I do know this. There is a spark of the divinity in him and a yearning and a need - the same as there is in all of us and I will never look at him the same way again. He is a part of our family - most of us ignore him and look the other way. I will speak to him and say hello and send loving thoughts his way. I will not judge or condemn. He is a person and as such entitled to my respect and my love. Just as everyone is.
****************************************************************************************

My Vet comes to the house. Brenda Bright is a super vet and a great person. She comes out to the house and takes care of the animals.

Brenda was here today and Max got a distemper shot and I had her give Cassie a rabies shot. She is going to call to set up a time to have Max's teeth cleaned. They need it. She is also going to check to see what is causing him to limp. He was limping when I got back. Jon thinks that it was probably because he jumped off the davenport (sofa).

Cassie was so cute while Brenda was here and snuggled up next to her and was sweet. Bailey was over sniffing and hanging around. Usually she comes for him and he runs. Max was perfect. Came and sat right in front of me and was perfect. He did try to go to "his" room when he saw her but came to me when I called and did not try to run away.

We got to talking and we talked about Ned the elephant. She won't go to the circus because of the way the animals are treated. I won't either. She told me a horror story which I won't repeat because it is too hard. We both had tears in our eyes while we were talking.

I had a dog - A beautiful black Sheltie who had been used for stud. He and I bonded when some friends of mine came down to look for a dog and I got him as an adult dog. He had been in a kennel and he ran in circles. When we went out for Mary and Morrie to look for a dog he and I started looking at each other. He just stared at me. (I can still see him) and would not look away. I told my mom and my sister that I really wanted that dog but did not think it would be fair to our older Sheltie mix that we had rescued. They said go ahead and get him and I am so glad we did.

He lived with me a long time and I loved him. He was absolutely elegant and beautiful and loving. He was with us when Jon was born and for several years until Jon was old enough to talk.

Eventually he got older and life was just not good for him. You could tell that he was not in good shape and he became incontinent and ill. It is the hardest thing in the world to do but my sister once said that it was the "last thing you can do for your pet." See that they do not have to suffer. Brenda came out to the house and I held him in my lap and petted him while she administered the shot that ended his life. His passing was peaceful in the home that he was used to and my mother (who was in the back room) came out and I had her get in the car and we left. Mom was on oxygen then and not doing so well herself) - We went for a drive and when I came back home I swear that I walked in the door and I caught a glimpse of Kelsey and he greeted me and jumped around like he had done as a younger dog. I mean it I actually saw him. (Just as I saw my mother after she had passed and reached out to touch her.)

I used to have to take the dogs to the vet and they hated it. With Brenda coming to the house they are never traumatized and it is so much nicer for them. And Brenda is so very nice to them and with them. And she gives them their shots and they never seem to feel it. She lives just up the street from me and even picks up the dogs to take them to the clinic when they have to have their teeth cleaned. - Max has that in his future. I asked Jon whether he wanted it done and he gave permission. Max is his dog.. He just lives with me. And I am glad to have him.

That is enough for tonight. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL - Always Remember That You Are Loved. Hugs - j

1 comment:

Nessa said...

There is a belief that "crazy" people are closest to God.