Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Wisdom

I think of prayer as communing with the holy, that which is transcendental, the power of life, the consciousness of the divine, the Ground of Being or perhaps the source of love. I do not commune with God in order to seek divine favor or to engage in religious flattery that people call praise. I commune to discover God within me and to be more open to that presence. I do not separate prayer from life. I do not think prayer is something I do, so much as it is something I am.



– John Shelby Spong

My phone service is acting up. I cannot reach Qwest to get it fixed so blogging is going to be very light until I can take care of it. Right now I am having to "borrow" service from elsewhere so I will not be sitting on top of the computer and your e-mails may take longer for me to respond to them. In the meantime I found the above to ponder for this week. Somewhere in the Bible I read the phrase "Pray without ceasing." (at least I think it was in the Bible) - Seems to me that Bishop Spong has hit on the way to do that. Have a great week.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

every thought is a prayer, every thought goes directly to the Divine.

Nessa said...

i always thought of prayer as the conversations I have through out the day with God.