Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturdays Can Be Special

This is what it looked like as I drove up to Stratford, Iowa this afternoon, I could see for miles south towards Ames. I love driving in the country on our Farm to Market roads, especially on a perfect summer day like this one.
There was water standing in the fields from the recent rains. The crops looked great. I think it is going to be a great year for our farmers.
At Stratford my destination was the Tea House "In Good Company." The lady who owns the place has a special event periodically and tonight was one of those nights. She has a dinner and entertainment and the entertainment was the Al Landon Band. The pictures aren't really great because of the background but the music was great. I got there about 5:30 and they had just started playing. Actually warming up but it was good to listen to also.
Two accordions and one guitar.
This is Jessie. He is originally from Oklahoma. His wife is a waitress at the Grove Cafe and I met him there. (Actually he and Christie met there also but that is another story. Jessie has a government job. He is also a Mason - Well, imagine that, I met a Mason. I tell you we are everywhere. He has a great voice and sound like a combination of Dean Martin, Elvis Presley and can sing just about anything.
Kaylee (I hope that is spelled correctly) is his daughter and she helped out singing also. She has a sweet voice.
Christie (I hope that is spelled right also) works at the Grove and is a great waitress and has become a good friend. I found out tonight that she used to be a Rainbow Girl. - See, I told you - everywhere.
The place was full and the music went until almost 9:00 PM. They only stopped once to eat. The meal was absolutely perfect. Salad, Rib Eye Steak with a Jumbo Shrimp on top. Just the right amount of potatoes (mashed) and veggies. Topped off with a Brownie ala mode for dessert. There is a little video at the end of the post which will give you an idea. The sound quality is not great but you know it doesn't matter. I have my memory and it was one of the best evenings I have had for a long time.
And then I drove home through the evenings twilight and as I got back to Ames I saw this view of our own Ada Hayden lake just north of town. A perfect ending of a perfect day.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day was as nice as mine. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

1 comment:

Nessa said...

You are such a social butterfly. You meet such great people in great places.