Friday, June 5, 2009

Scottish Rite Charity Golf Tournament

Terrace Hills Golf Course in Altoona was the site for the Des Moines Scottish Rite Charitable Golf Tournament today. The day was perfect. They gave me a golf cart (I had never driven one before) and I rode all over the course taking pictures of the golfers. I also took some pictures of the scenery and share them with you here. The entire collection can be seen here.


Holes were sponspored by various groups and businesses. I just happened to get the team from this bank who had sponsored this hole.
This is Steve Jacobson who is an officer in the Scottish Rite and his son Brody (or it may be spelled Brodie?)
The picture below is an "artsy" shot I got from behind the trees.
Daisies (above) and Red-wing Blackbird (below).
While I was there my phone rang. It was my cousin Randy from Minnesota who had misdialed. He blames his sixth grade teacher for his inability to push the correct button. Go figure!
He does not like the Red-wing Blackbird as they wake him in the morning. He has been laid off for awhile but it sounds like he may be going back to work. That is great news and it was fun to talk to him.

Is this a picture of a beautiful day or what?
Lots of Canada Geese and their babies. I also saw couple of ducks but they were to fast for me.






This is a statue of Phrog. I haven't done my Wordzzle yet and may not get to it. Tomorrow I go to Altoona again for the Shrine Ceremonial and may not get to do it this week.
I do not know what this is. It is a tree and had these clusters of flowers all over it. They had a magnificant perfume. Thanks for stopping by. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow. Hugs, J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Randy vis a vis the red winged blackbirds! My current annoyance is crows at 5am! Such a beautiful day out, I love the photos! And wow, so many geese!!! We have a couple in the pond with 4 little ones, but they are fierce and will chase you away if you get too close!

Raven said...

Ha! I scrolled down and saw the stature of Phrog! Have a great time in Altoona. See you next week. Those flowers in the last photo look gorgeous. I should know what they are but I don't. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Nice photographs. What kind of camera do you have?