Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Same Old Same Old



You don't have to listen to much of this to hear the hollowness of his statement. He has let down the LGBT people once again. - The Brief which his administration filed with the Supreme Court about DOMA was a travisty. The "Fierce Advocate" as Rachel Maddow called him made the above statement as he signed a memo today and gave a lot of "hot air" about giving a few benefits to Federal LGBT people. Word is that he did it because they were so upset that they finally stopped giving money to the DNC. The more I see of Mr. Obama's performance on his promises the less I believe in him.

I am also hearing about a memo about the torture (Not "enhanced interrogation") that went on during the last administration which we are not going to investigate or prosecute. It seems that politicians in this country can get away with anything. They promise things and then ignore those promises.

There is a Republican politician who strongly condemned President Clinton for his affair. Suggested that Larry Craig should resign when he was caught toe tapping in a Minneapolis men's bathroom and now has been caught "boffing" one of his staffer's wives.. Did he resign? No. Hypocrisy, thy middle name is politician.

I know I am naive as hell. I expect people to be honest and honorable and I expect that they will hold themselves to high standards. I don't know why I should. It seems that our nation's highest leaders have (many anyway) done things which they should not have done. Even George Washington had lustful thoughts for someone not his wife and FDR was in the middle of an affair when he died. I guess I should not be surprised. But I did have more faith in Mr. Obama than I should have. I guess I shall leave the political parties and just vote for the person who seems to be the most honest. Anybody out there have a way to tell?

4 comments:

Nessa said...

Jay, he is a politician. While I agree he looks and sounds better than our previous President, he is still a politician.

James said...

I know how to tell. If they are running for office, they are dishonest.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

And neither one of those comments excuses them from being honest. We need to demand more from our elected leaders.

I once wrote to John Edwards asking him to "be honest" - I guess that fell on deaf ears also.

Gpa Don said...

The way to tell if a politician is lying? His lips are moving.
Gpa Don