Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,


I look upon all creatures equally: none are less dear to me and none more dear. But those who worship me with love live in me and I come to life in them.

Bragavad Gita 9:29
Hinduism

Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Isaiah 45:22-23
Judaism & Christianity

To me the sentiment of the first quotation is a wonderful idea. The idea of a "worship in Love" as opposed to fear -- of joining with creation so that it lives in us is much more appealing than being afraid of Deity. I love the concept of love and to me it is the highest ideal possible. The love we have for our fellow beings enables us to accomplish all that God wants us to accomplish. Have a wonderful, loving week.

No comments: