Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blue Cheese Dressing

I used to hate it. I never would even taste it. Tonight Jon and I went to the Mongolian Grill for dinner. He mentioned that he did not like Blue Cheese and it reminded me of this story.

My aunt Ellen had a housemate when I visited her in California when I went there between my Junior and Senior Year in High School (1958) - Alice Morrison taught me to drive in the city of Los Angeles and I still use the tricks for city driving which I got from her.

Several years later in 1969 or 69 I drove another teacher to California where she was going to get married. By that time Alice had move to San Francisco where she had retired (she was a Marine - Colonel I think but maybe a major) After I drove Marilyn to San Francisco I was dropped at the hotel and spent a week in that city. I arranged to see Alice and she took me to the officers club on Treasure Island. The uniformed waiter impressed me as did the patrons in the room. I don't remember what I had to eat, only that I had ordered Thousand Island Dressing on my salad as I was convinced that was the only kind of dressing I liked.

When the salad came it had Blue Cheese dressing on it and there was no way in that place surrounded by all those uniforms that I was going to send it back. So I ate it and from that evening on I generally order Blue Cheese Dressing...unless they have Creamy Parmesan or Greek... but Blue Cheese (good Blue Cheese) is still my favorite. -

As for the Mongolian Grill. I think it will be the last time I eat there. Way too much food and I really am uncomfortable now. Since I do not seem to be able to control my appetite in a place like that I shall avoid it. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

No comments: