Friday, October 8, 2010

From down in the Ozarks - Photos by Bob Kelly

Recently my wife and I visited our son and his family in Jonesboro, Arkansas, where they had moved to begin new jobs. On the way down and back I snapped these shots of the local scenery that I found interesting. The log barn and lean-to was most likely hand hewn, and proudly stands there as a sentinel of times gone by.

The Kudzu vines grow prolifically, up to one foot per day! They cover trees, making ghostly shapes, and eventually suffocate the tree from sunlight and nourishment. Controlling them is a big task.
Morgan's Mill is located in Sharp County, Arkansas and the site is of great historical significance during the Civil War area. This site was protected by a squadron of attack geese, who ran over to me honking and trying to scare me aware. No silly goose was going to stop me, so I got the photo and remained safe

No comments: