Saturday, October 23, 2010

Request and an Editorial

I got the following e-mail from my friend and Brother Colby:
Jay,

I follow the Freemasons for Dummies blog where they had this story posted:
http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com/2010/10/grand-lodge-of-kentucky-votes-against.html

I thought it was a good article with a positive message/outcome, and, in my opinion, puts Freemasonry in a good and progressive light. I thought this story could use some more publicity and thought you might want to post it on Bailey's Buddy.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Colby
I am happy to comply because, frankly I had read about this and did not expect this outcome. I know a lot of Masons, most of them would agree with the comments of the majority who wrote in. Some of them are homophobic. I still remember learning in College that people who were homophobic were afraid of those tendencies in themselves. In recent times we have seen a lot of politicians who have consistently voted against gay rights and have later been discovered to be gay themselves.
Masons do not discuss religion or politics in the lodge and it appears they don't care to discuss sexuality either and for the most part I don't hear many anti-gay remarks. They seem to have learned how to live with one another in harmony. One more reason I am proud to be a Mason.

No comments: