Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shadow of Night

  This is the second book in a trilogy.  You can read a review here.  The reviewer calls it overstuffed but entertaining.

It is a longer book than Discovery of Witches and does not move as "fast" but it takes place in Elizabethan London and Prague.  The vampire and the witch have travelled back in time from modern times in search of a manuscript and also to help Diana Bishop learn how to use her powers as a witch.  A "who's who" of that era populate the book and I did enjoy it.  It did engage me and I spent several hours in the middle of the night waking up and then reading the book.  If I woke up I picked it up and started reading.
Saturday I did not even turn on the TV but read all day and most of the night.  I like it when I can do that.

I have started a new Alexander McCall Smith book and I know I will enjoy that.  And Amazon is sending me Gore Vidal's Creation.  I may have read it already but wanted to have it and read it again.  I am going to have to get rid of some books as the "read" pile is getting out of hand.

At least I have a new book to look forward to.  A trilogy implies three books and so far there are only two.  The name of the third one or the publication date has not been announced but I have bookmarked the page and will be watching it and will pre-order it as soon as it is announced.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week-end.

No comments: