Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday "Stuff

 I don't know when I have enjoyed a television show as much as I do The Newsroom.  I think perhaps because it washes away all the BS and shows us what good reporting could be.  It made me feel really good Sunday night when I was watching it.  I was thinking that it would really be great if that level of integrity  were in every newsroom.  I can't bring myself to watch Faux News.  And I almost never return to a place where they have the TV set to that channel. The one exception is my dentist and even there I ask that it be turned off when I am in the room.

Here is a clip from The Newsroom.

 I watched Chris Matthews take this guy down over the week-end.  Not that I was particularly proud of Matthews because he wasn't very civil.  But I do understand how he felt. Sometimes when the bullshit gets to deep you just have to start shoveling.  Even monkeys will throw feces at enemies.
 John sent me several things including this German Shepherd poster.  Sometimes I do wonder what the dogs are thinking.  I am sure that their thoughts are deeper that those of the Tea Party.
It is so nice to have one less day to avoid the Republican't convention.  I hope the Hurricane does not do much damage but it would not bother me if it were to veer to the right and cancel the second (and third) day also... Oh well, I can dream.  You know I used to admire some Republicans, I did not feel bad when a Republican was president.  That all changed with Ronald Reagan and then the 8 years of George Bush sealed my feelings about the Republican Party.  As I have watched the obstructionism and inability to work together and incivility and when I see the total shutdown just to do everything they can to keep this country from moving forward and solving our problems I just feel ill.  Messers Ryan and Rmoney do not seem to care for people.  If you don't have money you aren't worthy.

I read something else today about Mr. Rmoney. In my family we fed the children first and then when they were settled we all ate.  Seems that the Mittser has to go through the line first and everybody else has to wait on him.  (Quote -
TAGG ROMNEY: A little bit of craziness. Dad always goes in line first because he doesn't want to wait for all the grand children because it takes forever. Parents are cutting their meat and he's usually finished by the time the rest of us sit down.)
Must feel he is entitled or something,  Enough.  Have a good Tuesday.

Oh yes, Taylor Morris received a Bronze Star with Valor.  His blog post with the videos can be found here.

No comments: