Thursday, August 30, 2012

The tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth.

So today I visited the dental hygienist.  This was not her. She was just about ready to deliver a new baby.  But the set up was basically like this.

As usual I asked that the Faux News be turned off.  Perhaps I shall have to write a letter.)

It had been about 10 years since I had been to the hygienist.  When I retired at age 62 I lost my dental insurance and stopped going to the dentist.  I didn't even brush that often and I suppose that is why I am having to have a bridge and lost 4 teeth.  However she said the were not very bad and she didn't have to scrape tons of "stuff" off from them.

After she was done the Dr. came in and checked the healing. (To be honest I have not looked in my mouth because I think it is too gross.  I do not open my mouth or smile when out in public because of the Clem Kadiddlehopper syndrome. (Which may have nothing to do with teeth - the Red Skelton character was hard of hearing) and I don't want to be around people and have them ask about my teeth (or lack thereof) so I just stay home with Molly who does not ask about anything except where her next treat is coming from.

It should all be over by Halloween. In the meantime I will be staying away from places where people might see.  

I know understand my mother a little better.  She would not let anyone (not even me) see her without her teeth in.  I feel that way.

I have a sonic care tooth brush which I will be using from now on.  And I found out that after brushing in the evening I should not rinse my mouth but leave the paste in there and it will give me a fluoride treatment.  Speaking of fluoride I also had a fluoride "varnish" on my teeth to strengthen them. It made them feel tacky all day.  So that is it for today.  Another bump on the road of Mundania.  Cheers. 

1 comment:

Harpers Keeper said...

It took some getting-used-to but I love the Sonic care toothbrush. At first the vibration, for want of a better word, 'tickled' my gums in a way that made it difficult to use to maximum effectievness but that wore off in about 10 days.