Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What matters most in life


Well, Jon is gone to Arizona.  He came by this morning between 7:00 and 8:00 AM to pick up Miles and he was planning on making it in two days. He plans to fly back for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I don't blame him but I will miss Miles.

Molly did not want to go outside because of the rain but when Jon ad Miles were out there she jumped up on the door and pushed it open and let herself out.  That was new. I shall have to watch her.

Jon had a couple of insects which he had staying here but he did not come by to feed them.  Preying mantises (?) need to have food and I was just spraying water for them. I sort of felt badly for them but had not been paying much attention to them, we hadn't "bonded" really.

I am reading the second book in a trilogy and am enjoying it very much.
Deborah Harkness' first book was a Discovery of Witches and this one picks the story up and continues it.  So I read most of Sunday and last night I read late and woke up in the middle of the night and read some more.

I had taped the closing of the Olympics so I watched that this morning and read some more in the book.  Had to watch the Closer and Major Crimes and some other shows so I read during the commercials  (which is worse the political ads or the ones for erectile dysfunction.. eeeeuch.)  I will probably read late tonight also.

Molly has settled down she is glad to be able to sleep on her (my) bed again. She alternates between the couch and the bed.

 I got an e-mail this morning from a reader who had found a bad link on one of my posts.  The one on Frederick Douglass.  She was even nice enough to give me a new link to replace the broken one.  That was a first for the blog.  I was a) glad she called it to my attention and helped fix it and b) grateful to know that something I had put up here was still useful.  I sometimes wonder why I do this.  I think she helped validate my efforts.

That's all the news I have for now.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Thanksgiving isn't all that far away
Miles will be back to visit

I love all the photos of them and the videos

I'm going to miss Brenda Lee on the Closer, what a wonderful character
I haven't watched Major Crimes yet, it's on the DVR

hugs