Saturday, April 21, 2007

Busy Saturday


I went to Des Moines today for the Grand Master's Class for the Order of DeMolay. Every year the State Association of DeMolay Chapters puts on the Initiatory Degree and the DeMolay Degree for the current Grand Master of Masons in Iowa. It is one chance to see the degrees done very well.

The Order of DeMolay for Boys is a Masonic sponsored organization for young men between the ages of 12 and 21. It is a wonderful organization and grounds them in Masonic principles with out being preachy. Before the class they have basketball games and tournaments and stay overnight and have a great time.

I had to be down early for a meeting of St. Bartholomew Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine (another Masonic organization) and when that was over I drove out to Costco to get gas. It was almost 10 cents a gallon cheaper there so it was worth the trip out to get the gas. I had some time to kill so I just hung around and did nothing special.

Then it was back to the Scottish Rite building for a wonderful VIP snack buffet before the degrees. These kids do marvelous work. They are the cream of the crop and it was evident that most of them had really practiced. I was most impressed with one young man who was a last minute substitution. He did not know the part when he came down to the meeting so he learned it that day and did a great job. I wish I could learn that way.

The day concluded with a prime rib dinner and it was good but since I have been dieting I am not really into eating that much. Oh well it wasn't too bad a deal.

Jon was here when I got back and he played with the dogs and we had a good visit. He showed me an interesting site aobut the Tenth Dimension. He is such a good kid. He does need to get his graduate school work started. He pointed out that it has been just about one year since he graduated. I think he is tired of working in a restaurant. He said that the Flying Burrito had done about three times its usual business today. It is Veishea week-end. So far things have gone smoothly for Veishea this year. It is such a nice festival. It was 80 degrees in Des Moines today. Feels wonderful. A few more days of this and we will have flowers on the trees. My grass is about ready to mow. Thanks for reading this. Be Happy!

No comments: