Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sunday, April 1, 2007

I used to have fun on April 1 when it fell on a school day. The kids would try their best to "catch" me in an April Fool's joke. They would tell me my shoe was untied (I wore loafers) my shirttail was out, I had something on my cheek, etc. Once in awhile they would catch me but most of the time I knew what was happening.

There were a lot of extra people in Church today. I think the girl's basketball team must be taking Religion 205 as the girls who came to our service were all tall. I think there was only one chair that was empty and that was while Vicki was playing at the piano. It was nice.

The rest of the day was quiet and uneventful. I went to practice and came home to leftovers from last night's supper. It was just as good tonight as last night although the company was not as good. I had Bailey on the left, Max on the right and Cassie sitting on the counter in front of me. They aren't very good conversationalists.

It is going to be a busy week. A Third Degree at Acanthus on Monday, Eastern Star (with initiation) on Tuesday and Harry Connick, Jr. on Wednesday and then Stated Meeting for Arcadia Lodge on Thursday. I am certainly glad I am retired and have time to do all this. Chilly today. Stay warm and Be Happy! j

No comments: