Monday, April 16, 2007

Not my best work

I went down to Acanthus this evening for an Entered Apprentice Degree. I was to give the extended Apron lecture. It is very nice and I usually do a pretty good job. I had recited it three times today and yet when it came time to give it to the candidate I had to be prompted three times. I just drew a blank. It wasn't one of those "the candidate won't know the difference. I just don't like it when that happens. People were kind but I am not satisfied. They probably won't ask me to do it again. I have given the same lecture twice in Arcadia and gotten through it fine. Oh well, I guess that is part of doing work in Lodge.

I also spent yesterday getting a letter ready to go out for a Family Potluck Picnic to be held on June 30 at Big Creek State park. I got the cover letter from Charlie today and stuffed the letters while watching General Hospital...one mindless activity over another. I hope there will be a good turnout for the Picnic.

Tomorrow I have to go to Johnston for a investigation. I have York Rite on Wednesday and the Royal Arch Degree on Thursday and will be in Des Moines all day on Saturday. The boys will think I have moved out. Jon was here when I got home. He comes over on these days and lets them out and plays with them. Right now Max and Cassie are playing with each other. May runs around her. She jumps and teases him. They are fun to watch.

I took my suit pants down to be altered. Bruce told me that they were about two sizes to big for me. That is a good feeling. To celebrate I purchased a smaller pair of pants. I am now back down to some of my smaller clothes and have been wearing my belt in a notch. You may leave congratulations in the comments.

Speaking of things you can do. Every day you should click on The Hunger Site and then work your way through the other sites there to give for free. The advertisers there give money for each person who logs on and clicks. It only takes a couple of minutes and you are doing good and the best thing is that it doesn't cost you anything. Try it you will like it. Warm and nice today. Be Happy!

No comments: