Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Great Day!

I actually got a lot done today. I had to get a letter out for St. Bartholomew Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine for which I am the Recorder. I got that taken care of and some ledger business for the Lodge and then went to Des Moines for Acanthus Lodge.

We started with a wonderful ($4) ham dinner with scalloped potatoes and green beans and then went upstairs for a Fellowcraft degree. It was done beautifully. I love the stair lecture that Ron Linehart gives. Very meaningful.

After Lodge we went over to Christopher's for the "after Lodge discussion group" Brian P. came in and we had a good visit. He mentioned that what was happening there was real Masonry. The guys sitting around in a free form discussion that ranged from the beauty pageant on the big screen TV to the Ascension Day service coming up in May to the Grand Lodge "Lodge in a Box" which we are borrowing to use the end of May. They ended discussing the distance satellites are from the earth for satellite TV with a little conspiracy theory thrown in for good measure. All in all a great day, I had my lawn mowed, my house cleaned, the weather was perfect and I was with good friends. What more could a guy ask for. Be Happy

No comments: