Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday April 14, 2007

I got up early this morning and went to Des Moines to go to the Scottish Rite. It had been years since I had seen some of the degrees and I wanted to refresh myself. I know they had made some changes but I was impressed with the work. The men did their parts well and they had a very attentive class.

The Scottish Rite is one of two Rites which go beyond the basic Masonic Lodge. They are additional degrees which explain and explore some of the concepts first presented in the Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft, and Master Mason degrees. When done well they are impressive and important for your continued Masonic Education. The other rite is the York Rite and it is the one I have done the most work with but I appreciate both of them and I saw some fine degrees today.


Now I am back and I thank my Aunt Jo for letting the dogs out around noon and Jonathan for coming by around 3:00 to let Bailey out and take Max for a walk (and bringing him home muddy ) Now I have to get busy and take care of some business that needs doing. Thanks for reading my blog. Stay warm and be happy! j

No comments: