Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday

What an exciting day! Ha!
Last evening my old computer crashed. I was/am shook up about it. But I had had it for a long time and had gotten a lot of use out of it. So I got up this morning and drove down to the Apple Store and purchased a MacBook. I got a black one and I think I am going to like it.

Unfortunately they told me that nothing was able to be rescued from my old hard drive. However I am still going out to Beacon on Monday and see if they can work their magic on it. In the meantime I am limping along and will have to rebuild some things. My old computer had Microsoft Office on it and this one only has a 30 day trial so I will have to spend another $400. to get it back. But I am going to wait and see. I did purchase another copy of Appleworks because I like that program and can do a lot with it.

Then I went down to the new grocery store in Des Moines. Gormet no less and lots of "stuff" I got some crackers and mints and then went to the Olympic Flame and had a Gyros for lunch.

The afternoon was spent fretting about the computer while I watched the Scottish Rite 30, 31 and 32nd degrees. They were very nicely done. I especially enjoy the 31 as it is set in Ancient Egypt. The guy who played the part of the God Atum did the best job.

A very nice steak dinner and then I was on my way home and guess what??? the gate to let us out of the parking lot was broken and we were stuck in the parking lot for about 20 minutes. Got home in good time and have been working on the computer. Not much to do. Tomorrow I have to drive to Tama to meet Glenn and Freddie. Actually after spending all this money on the computer I think I should stay home and skip going to Texas. Oh well. It's only money. Stay warm - Be Happy.

No comments: