Friday, April 27, 2007

Cats




Cats

Kestrel (top picture) is Ginny's cat and lives in Missouri. Cassie (bottom picture) is Jon's cat and lives with me. He comes over and visits her and cleans her kitty litter. She and Kestrel have one thing in common. They like to climb up on things.

I bought a basket to keep the dog toys in and Cassie likes to sleep in there. I would let her sleep with the boys and me at night but she climbs and there are some tings in the bedroom which she could knock over. It is part of her character. She gets upset and she walks around and knocks things around. It is frustrating. I have had to put breakables away but she is more fun than they are.

She also likes to eat plants. I had a couple of red carnations given to me and had them sitting on a table beside my chair. Next thing I knew she was up trying to ingest them. So I moved them to a smaller table. She is affectionate and crawls up to be petted and purrs. She seems to like men and when the Lodge treasurer comes over to pick up the checks she goes right up to him and butts her head against him to be petted.

She would like to go outside but I really don't think cats should be running loose so she doesn't go out unless Jon is over and he takes her out. She likes to go out on the back porch and she will sit out there for hours.

I have had several cats. I prefer dogs but cats are easy to have around and I do like them also.

You can see I did not have much to write about today. Enjoy the weekend as it gets warmer and warmer. Stay Happy!

No comments: