Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thursday Musings



When my grandparents had their Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary they took a family picture. You can see that it was a large group of people and they were literally the glue that held everyone together. The Scottish and Irish heritage was clannish and we all got together whenever we could.

Things have changed. Last Christmas half the "family" went to Minnesota and half went to Texas. I stayed home with the "boys" and Cassie. It was a different feeling. Now it is Easter and yesterday I got invited to the family get-together. I have decided not to go. I have had an incredibly busy week and next week will be the same. I am still dieting and since I have to read at church in the morning I think I will just stay home. Probably not very nice of me but that is the way it is.

Lodge tonight went well. I have minutes to write and other things to do so I am going to make this short and get busy. Oh yes, I heard from Linda W. today. She was trying to get information about where our Church Lecture was going to be held and I could not tell her. I do know that it is part of the College for Seniors and there will be a lot of people in attendance. I have two meetings that day so I won't get to attend. I had a nice visit with her. She is so busy that she doesn't get to respond to e-mail but she sounded great. It was good to talk to her.

Cold today, Not just chilly. Stay warm and be happy. j

No comments: