Thursday, April 26, 2007

They are back! - And other musings...



I love dandelions. I know they are a nuisance but I enjoy them. This one is growing just outside the back door so it wasn't mowed when the lawn was mowed. There is a story in my family, probably apocryphal, that when some of the family moved to Iowa from Ohio they brought a box of dandelion seeds with them. I doubt that it is true but if it is we can blame one of the Coles for all the dandelions. Just a pretty little flower that some people hate but I have always liked the underdog.

We had Lodge tonight. It was for a Master Mason degree and the degree was well done. It is an exciting time to be in Masonry. More and more young men are discovering the fraternity and there is a lot of growth. I was speaking with the Deputy Grand Secretary tonight and he was telling me of many success stories around the State. One Lodge which had three active dues paying members has 13 new petitions.

Masonry has a lot to offer the young man of today. I was surprised to read on one of the lists that I belong to that there are many different rituals used around the world. Whatever the ritual they all have a great experience and derive many benefits from joining with Brothers.

I found my TV remote for the bedroom TV this morning. I lost it the other day and all I have been able to do was turn it on and off and change the channel. I knew it had to be somewhere and I woke up this morning and felt between the headboard and the mattress and was right there. I channeled my friend Su. When I lose something I sometimes ask her where it is and she can usually tell me. Today I just thought "what would Su do?" I used my intuition and there it was.

I am tired tonight and I must do the minutes from tonights meeting so I will stop now. There is a lot of water around Ames. Flooding at the Hunziker Youth sports Complex and the North River Valley Park is a river. It is not as much as '96 but still enough to be exciting. They have Duff Avenue closed at the Railroad tracks so you have to drive around to go South. I used Dayton to go to Staples so I could get some ink and business card stock so I could print up tickets for our Table Lodge.

Stay warm and Be Happy!

No comments: