Saturday, September 29, 2007

A beautiful Fall Afternoon

I decided to go for a drive this afternoon. No particular place. Just wondered if I could get out of Ames. I headed west and then south. Just south of Madrid I saw a road marked Dragoon Trail so I turned around and spotted this pumpkin patch. There were several people out picking the pumpkins. It was serendipitous to find. I pulled over and took the picture.
The road led to Big Creek State Park. You can not see much turning of leaves yet but there are a few touches here and there. I thought this was a nice scene.

Again there were several patches of theses growing around. I thought I was lucky to have found this one. Enjoy!

Another view of Big Creek. This time from the south end.

My friend and Brother Tim Bonney is the pastor at First Baptist Church in Johnston. They have been having a contemporary service on Saturdays at 5:00. My watch and the dashboard clock (in agreement) notified me that I just had time to get there. This is their rose window. It is beautiful. The church is large and spacious. Someday I am going to get up early on a Sunday and drive down to attend the regular service. Tim gives a good Sermon. Today he preached on Psalms 146 and it was an inspiring 20 minutes. He and I have similar opinions. Most of the time. At one point he was talking about Jesus not being political. I asked him afterwards if he was so sure that Jesus was not a political. Tim said, "At least he wasn't a Democrat or a Republican."
These little purple flowers in the garden out front reminded me that we can find beauty everywhere we look.
Another view of their flower garden.
Larry had mentioned the Texas Road House in his Blog and I decided to eat there as it was supper time when the service was over. There was a mob scene at the Restaurant but I checked and I could eat at the bar. Several years ago Jonathan and I were in Nashville and I had a steak dinner with a sweet potato with brown sugar on it. They had the sweet potato n the menu as a side so that was what I got. That and a rib eye. I brought half of the rib eye home with me. It was so large and so delicious. This was the sculpture outside.



All in all it was a very enjoyable afternoon even if I did spend it mostly alone. I am sure that I would have enjoyed eating out with friends but this was spur of the moment. Just where the spirit moved me and it moved me well. And I didn't have to wait an hour and a half for a table.

When I came home the garage door broke. Fortunately I was still outside and so the car is parked in the drive way. I had a sticker with the number to call on the wall in the garage. I looked for it and could not find it. (Ginny got cussed for moving it.) - Eventually I did find it down behind a very heavy shelf which I had to move (still cussing) but I did finally get the shelf moved and got the number and they are coming to fix it on Monday.

Watching Audrey Hepburn in "Roman Holiday" on Turner Classic Movies. She was absolutely the most beautiful actress ever. Huge Hugs. jcs

No comments: