Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall is Here - New TV


This beautiful picture was taken by my friend Bob Kelly at the Ledges State park. I love it and it comes up periodically on my desktop. He has given me permission to use any of his pictures I want. He is a gifted photographer and has a photo blog (linked at left) which I urge you to take a look at. I put it up in celebration of the end of summer and the beginning of Fall. In case you hadn't noticed.

With Fall comes the new TV season (at least on the major networks) and I am going to give you my impressions of the things which I watch. Not that any of you care.
Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters on ABC were what I call "cop-outs" They get us all hyped up for the show we love to return and then spend the entire hour re-capping last season. Phooey. People who have not been watching can catch up on their own. Lets get on with the stories. I also watched Cold Case and Shark (taped them) on CBS. Much better fare. I love both of these shows. The stars are stellar. Kathryn Morris and James Wood
are excellent and Jeri Ryan has been a favorite of mine since she played Seven of Nine on Star Trek, Voyager. Just excellent.

Shark was a story themed around the Russian Mafia in this country which was interesting to me because I went to see Eastern Promises this week-end. It is rated R for violence but if you can take it I found that it was compelling and a good story. I wonder if this (Russian criminals) is the new "theme" we will find on a lot of the shows. Did you ever notice how that happens? Many times (independently) the shows will have similar stories or themes running through them. I wonder if our minds are interconnected someway. Oh well, Hugs again. jcs

No comments: