Saturday, September 22, 2007

DUH!


I am going to tell a story on myself. On July 20 I bought a new camera. It takes great pictures. It uses batteries. It had a double battery in it and it lasted until just before Grand Lodge (Thursday) - So I went down and got some new batteries. They seemed to work. Then for some reason they wore down and I replaced them. I figured that they might have been old ones.


So I came home and hunted for the receipt and the paperwork and was going to return the camera.

The camera has a small diagram inside the battery case to show you which way the batteries should go. That is the way I put them in. it stopped working and would not come on. I tried other batteries, licked the batteries, took them out and put them in again, all the while getting more and more frustrated. The one thing I was consistent in was following the digram for inserting the batteries.

After waiting for a clerk he finally came and I explained the problem. He asked me if I had called Kodak. I told him no I planned on returning the camera. He then handed me the camera, working. He had simply reversed the batteries so that they were no longer following the diagram. So I had a DUH moment and the camera is working and I have a large supply of AA batteries.

The only problem is that I missed taking pictures of the second day of Grand Lodge. We had 34 Knights Companions at the Red Cross Breakfast this morning. It was a nice meal and the only problem was that it was at 6:30 AM. Since I am the Recorder I had to get there by 6:00, that meant getting up at 5:15 and I am falling asleep while writing this.

The session went well. The Jurisprudence committee report went smoothly and I think the Brethren made good decisions. I was very encouraged by the quality and youth of the people I saw in attendance.
The guys from Acanthus were there and I got to visit with them. I also got told that I was elected to membership in the Downtown York Rite Bodies. Arcadia Lodge and Acanthus Lodge both won Lodge of the Year and Plus 1 awards. I was proud to be a member of both of these fine lodges.

Somebody told me I looked good. Happy! With all the good things going on no wonder. I am going to have to have my sport coat taken in. I am looking forward to participating in their work. Nap time. Big Hugs, jcs

No comments: