Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday

What a day! Started out by getting up to go to the Clinic to give blood for tests from Dr. Crano. Then I had to have appointments made for two other Doctors. (We made one yesterday) One was for a small ulcer on my large toe which is almost healed but he wanted Dr. Sarentino to look at it. I was able to get into that one today and I really like him, not like the other one who I won't name but he is obnoxious and is the cause of my having to have ankle surgery.

The other appointment is for something which will require me to drink a bunch of crap and then go in at 7:15 AM and have someone take me and pick me up to bring me back. I hate that because I really don't have anyone I want to ask to do it. I like being independent and don't like being dependent. I guess as I get older I will have to put up with it. Anybody want to volunteer?

Then I was home and did the blog entry. It took a couple of half hours to get the stuff ready for Lodge tonight. Ben G is my candidate. I was getting my car serviced at Brother Jeff's En Tire Car Care and this young man came over and asked me about joining the Masons. He had seen the emblem on my car.We had a good visit and because of the Pocket Petition I was able to pull out a petition from my wallet and start him on his Masonic journey.

I have had the honor of serving as his mentor and he will be a good addition to the Lodge. He also had the (dubious) honor of being the first Brother in Arcadia Lodge to do the "new" proficency that was passed in Grand Lodge last Saturday. He did a good job. We aren't exactly sure we did everything according to Hoyle but then "Hoyle" hasn't given us the rule book yet. Anyway we did it and it was a good evening. Here are some pictures:























We had a couple of helpers in the degree tonight. Loren and Bryce. The picture is kind of "fuzzy" but we really appreciated their help. I got to do my favorite part and we had a couple of guys who were new to the degree "team" They did great work. I am so proud of them.
I am looking forward to going to Des Moines tomorrow night to eat at Chef's Kitchen around 5:00. and then go to the Civic Center Stage West production of Trailer Park Musical. Any one who wants to join me is welcome. I have to pick up my tickets because they didn't mail them to me. i will let you know how it goes. Have a good Friday. It is P.O.E.T.S day tomorrow. Hugh Hugs, jcs.

No comments: