Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday Diary


I went to Acanthus tonight. The degree was the Fellow Craft and the candidate was one I had helped investigate. I had not realized how long it had been since I had been able to go down there. Life and other things got in the way and I did miss a DeMolay Board meeting here tonight. It is unfortunate that they both meet on the same night.

One of my friends from there (an officer) had moved so there had been some shifting in the officers and that seemed different.

For the first time since Grand Lodge the "new" proficiency was used. Funny sometime before Grand Lodge I blogged about proficiency and they moved part way there. It was a little different and threw things off somewhat but it is better than just the test by itself.

One thing good about the trip down was that I could buy my gas there. Gas in Des Moines is 12 cents a gallon cheaper than in Ames. I was told by someone that they jack the prices in Ames up when we have football games in town. Just another reason why I don't like football.

I came home early because I had not put the damn drops in my eyes and needed to take care of it and I was a little weary. A good trip down (except for the traffic) and good to see my friends at Acanthus. I think it would be neat to invite them to come up to Ames to visit and for us to go down there. I think it would be a good mix.

Have a good Tuesday. Big Hugs, jcs

P.S. Bob, you gave me grief because you said I couldn't spell
Hey, come on, what the Hell.
The things you pointed out, about which you gripe
Aren't spelling mistakes -- they are wrong because I just can't type.
So there!

No comments: