Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mixed Bag

A little bit of this and a little bit of that:

New Poem

Google Reader
I received an e-mail from Ken at Prospero's Books and he mentioned this tool. I am sure he knows how it works. (He was able to explain RSS feeds) but it really doesn't matter. I Googled it. I set it up to run with the blogs I read and now instead of having to look at all of my blogs to see what is new the Google Reader does it for me and I just click on Google Reader. All of my blogs with new posts come to my screen and I can check them and read them to see what is going on in the world. Handy! (Isn't it amazing what the Internets can do?)

Talk Like a Pirate Day

I could have had so much fun with this International Day when I was teaching. Can you imagine 26 kiddies going around the classroom saying "Avast" and "Maties" - We could have used it as a theme for the day and done Pirate Studies and perhaps have written Pirate Stories and Poems. I am sure some creative teacher is marking this event and making memories for his/her students.



There once was a pirate called Jim,
Who had a pet bird called Sim,
They sat in the sun,
And had lots of fun,
That sunburnt, old, pirate called Jim .
by Caitlin
More here.

Horoscope

I have told you before I don't believe in horoscopes but I read them anyway. I swear to G-D this is my horoscope from today's paper"
Prepare for a change in your social life.
The sudden entrance or exit of a certain individual - likely a Leo - sets off a fortuitous chain of events. Try to keep up.

That is going to mean something to some people and not to others. It did to me and I thought it was interesting even though I DON"T believe in horoscopes. In the meantime I am ready to try to keep up.

Two Thoughts -

Life is a study and our duty is to learn. Robert G. Davis

Real friendships are rare and should be protected. Matt McCoy
I JUST LOVE THIS CARTOON! Seems like a good way to end the post. Be sure to scroll down and look at the post about the University of Freemasonry if you haven't seen it.

York Rite meets tonight in both Ames and Des Moines.
Be loved. BIG HUGS jcs

No comments: