Saturday, November 17, 2007

An Awesome York Rite Festival

The smile on Sir Knight Dryer's face is directly because of the number of Brothers who becamd Companions and Sir Knights at the Des Moines York Rite Festival that was held today. We started out the day with 18 Candidate Brothers and by the end of the day we were up to 28. It was incredible to me to see this many new York Rite Members.
There were so many that I had to take two pictures to get them all in.

The Royal Arch Journey
That is me in the middle. No comment, please!

The Lunch Line.

The full class photos. We had candidates from Downtown Des Moines, Ascalon, Ames, Ottumwa, Cedar Rapids, and Newton. If I have misssed any plade let mt know



The fellows from Ames.

All pictures from today may be found here.
Brother Tim Bonney put his thoughts on being a member of the class on his Masonic blog.


I was up bright and early this morning to drive to Des Moines for the Festival. I did not get as many pictures as I would have liked but I was working all day as the class marshal. If anybody sees a picture that they want e-mail me at JaycoleS@aol.com and tell me which pictures you want and I will send it to you. This was one of the best festivals I have seen. Except for being a little long at times everything moved along like clockwork. I think the work was pretty much as good as I have seen.

Jeremy, Peter, Paul (Peter and Paul Hmmmn weren't they Saints? Not these two.) Justin, Bryce H (from Des Moines) Doug and I all went out to dinner in Des Moines following the Festival That was a highlight of the day and was really good.

When I got home Jon was here with the "boys" and Cassie and was watching the Discovery Channel. He is applying to graduate schools. With his grade point (pshch 3.97) overall 3.84 he should not have any trouble getting in. Smarter than I ever was.

He wants me to look at a You Tube so I am going to finish off. A long rewarding day and I am tired. Hugs, j

No comments: