Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More Christmas

(You can click on any picture to see a larger version.)

I dragged the last box of decorations up from the basement today. Finished decorating the tree and some other areas around the house.

I also did laundry so I now have clean clothes. I got a whole bunch of dues checks in the mail so I had to start processing them because the treasurer was coming over to pick them up. Tomorrow I tackle the office so I can get organized again. Things are a disaster back there (suppose I could ask for FEMA help.)

I also wrote an article for the Consistory Blog which I will post as soon as I get a picture to go with it.

The York Rite College was putting on a second degree in Des Moines tonight at Gnemeth Lodge so David and Peter and Doug and I went down. It was well done, quality work.

The Governor of the College - Greg Anderson conferred the first section of the degree. He did an outstanding job. He is a natural ritualist. It was very enjoyable to see him work.

It is late and I don't really have an inspiration to write about so here are some more pictures of my Christmas crap.

My snow babies and Mom's blue tree. Unfortunately Joseph has lost his head. Oh well.
Two more Santa's and my collection of International Christmas windows and some ornaments that Dr. Lee (who did my ankle fusion operation) brought me from his son while I was in the hospital.

Mom's shelf that held her cups and saucers with some of my "stuff" - I can't put her cups and saucers out because Cassie likes to knock things over.
Angels and a silver punch ladle that belonged to Aunt Sadie Smith. Engraved with an "S"
A Santa train which is my newest addition for this year. It has lights and looks neat under the tree. Jon used to love trains. So I got it because of him. Cassie loves to mess with the Christmas tree skirt. I also found the Reindeer that plays "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer"

Oh yes, one more thing. My birthday present got here today. The Scottish Rite magazine had this watch for sale and I really liked it so I got half of it and Aunt Jo's check paid for the other half. I like it. But then I always did like bling. Also I got 75 hits on my blog yesterday. That was nice. Thanks, Hugs, j

No comments: