Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Today


I am really tired. I was in Des Moines all day today (sitting on a hard bench) and my butt is sore. It was fun to come home and read the birthday cards from people and the birthday e-mails. I even got a couple of e-cards and they were very nice,

Then Dallas took me out to eat at The Cafe. I had a wonderful BarBQ Pizza and salad. I was stuffed. It was good to see her and the pictures of Alexandra (her granddaughter) Beautiful baby and family. We split a Pear Spice cake for desert (neither of us finished our portions)

Yesterday Max was chasing Cassie and she ran across the couch and knocked one of Ginny's matching lamps off the coffee table. She also knocked over the little warmer full of candle wax. Fortunately it went onto the kitchen linoleum rather than the carpet. Jon will have to scrape it up for me. The shade is crooked and the bulb is broken. Also the finel is broken (Sorry Ginny but she isn't my cat) I yelled at them appropriately. They don't know what they did wrong but they were humbly and contrite.

The writer's strike has hurt my late night viewing. I miss Craig Ferguson, Stephen Colbert, and Jon Stewart. Come on people there is so much crap on TV this season that I need them back. You want more money for producing the junk you have been giving us this season. Get with the program. We will give you more when you produce better shows. There that's my mini-rant.

Thanks for listening and thanks to all who sent birthday greetings. I appreciate them. I know I have said it is better to give than receive but I do like cards and hugs. Hugs, j

No comments: