Sunday, November 11, 2007

Busy Day



Yesterday was a full day for me. I was awakened at the usual hour (way to early) by the dogs. (They still don't understand that the time changed last weekend) and got up and checked my computer for e-mail, etc. I don't know why I bother. I don't get many worth anything. (Anybody want a coupon)

Shane had asked me to come to Des Moines to help out with the Des Moines Consistory Office as yesterday was the Biannual conferral of the 33 degree for the Scottish Rite. The conferral takes place in Des Moines for the entire state and there were 33rd degree Masons coming in from all over. Basically I was temporary office help. The person who works in the office was receiving his 33rd yesterday.

Yesterday was also the Democrat's Jefferson-Jackson Day dinner at the Vet's Auditorium. So it was going to be a busy day in the area of the Scottish Rite Center. As I drove in I noticed that 99% of the parking was closed and there were very few places. There were also hundreds, if not thousands of signs up all around proclaiming that somebody named Hillary was running for President. She must really want it as they were everywhere.

I got to work at 9:30 and enjoyed myself immensely. A lot of these guys are friends and it was fun to visit with them as they came in and out of the office. I also felt useful directing ladies to find the Consistory Building as they navigated the streets of Des Moines. The only thing I couldn't do was find them a parking place.

I was also there to take pictures of as much of the event as I could. They can all be found on the Consistory Blog with a link to the Kodak Photo Album at the bottom of the page. (I was up until 1:00 last night putting them up.)

I got to eat lunch and dinner with them and it was delicious. They are decorating the Consistory building for the Jingle Bell Bash which will be held next month and should be quite an event. I probably won't get to go as that week-end is super busy for me. But it looks like fun.



I was also able to finish reading "Lamb" by Christopher Moore ( I know I have been working on it way to long but this darn computer steals time.) and started a new book. The Saturday Wife, about a Jewish Rabbi's wife who is a social climber. I have enjoyed what I read so far.



After the meal I used the second of my Stage West season tickets to see "Take Me Out" I enjoyed it tremendously. The cast did an outstanding job and the play was funny and poignant and they received a standing ovation at the end. I am looking forward to their next production which (I think) is the Jerry Springer Opera. I was tired and after working all day found the Stoner theater chairs particularly uncomfortable. Oh well, It was worth it.

When I got home Jon was here watching TV. I had asked him to come over as the "boys" were alone all day. Aunt Jo came in and let them out early afternoon and he was here early evening. He is applying to grad schools and would like to get into a University out west. I am not to thrilled about him being that far away but he has to do it and I wish him success.

I am going to vegetate all day today and catch up on some Lodge business I have some dues to process and I want to read some more of my new book. I have several waiting. Have a good day. I may post again today and then I may not. It all depends. Have a happy day, Hugs! j-bear

No comments: