Monday, November 12, 2007

Dan Pushee and Veteran's Day


My friend, Dan Pushee, from Florida, whom I have never met sent me links from the Veteran's Day Program and Parade where he lives. His picture is below.

He tells me there are 1.8 million vets living near him.

Dan does the York Rite Web Site and helps me out with some sites for Grand Chapter/Council and the Research Lodge and the Red Cross in Iowa. (St. Bartholomew and St. Ignatius.) He also has me check things for him on his sites once in awhile. Someday, perhaps we will meet in person. In the meantime he does a great service for Masonry in our country.



Dan is one of many Veterans who were honored yesterday and well they should be. To have served in our military is a high and noble thing and I applaud them for what they have done.

Dan says there is a big VA clinic near where he lives in Homosassa, Florida.
From the map it looks like a good spot to live. Just North of Tampa and near Orlando. The West coast so you don't have to get up early to see the sun rise but can sit in your Adirondack chair with your margarita or diet coke and enjoy the sunset.

Jon and I were near there when we went to NEA in Orlando. At one time I thought about retiring to Florida but gave up on the idea. I guess I like Iowa too much (just ask me again in February) - Anyway I salute Dan and all of the other Veteran's who have kept our country free and safe. Now if the politicians would just leave things alone we might be able to stay that way.

Have a great week, See you tomorrow. Hugs, j-bear

No comments: