Monday, November 26, 2007

Am I up yet?

I received a phone call this morning and then an e-mail
which said it was sent at 9:40 entitled "Jay are you up yet?"

Of course I was up! I am always up thanks to the four legged alarm clocks. I had to be at the eye doctor at 8:45 AM. The exam was good. The pressure in both eyes was "12" (whatever that means) and the Dr. seemed pleased. I don't have to see him again for 6 months.

The guy who made my appointment for me may have been a former student back when I taught at Roosevelt. You just can't get away from them.

Then I had to go to the dry cleaners to drop off cleaning and shirts to be laundered, then to Target to get a Christmas tree skirt. I even put the Christmas CDs in the player.

I went to Target last night and got a new Christmas tree. It is up. Jon brought up boxes of Christmas "stuff" up from the basement for me. There is still one down there. Slowly but surely Christmas is coming to 1309. I love this time of year and I love to get all the "stuff" out. And I have the music on my CD player and so I read and listen to music and yell at the cat who seems to want to help me decorate (or is it redecorate?)

Anyway that is what I am up to so far today. I am going to Polk City tonight to attend Lodge there. Kevin sent me some Masonic one- liners. I share them here:
Masonic One Liners

Don't let your worries get the best of you; remember, every Past Master started out as an Entered Apprentice.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Some Past Masters are kind, polite, and good-spirited until you try to sit in the East.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Some Masons want to serve their lodge, but only as advisers.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

It is easier to give ten Masonic lectures than it is to live one.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

The good GAOTU didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find GAOTU lives there.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Masons are funny; they want the front of the food line, the middle of the road, and the back of the lodge.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Opportunity may knock once in Masonry, but temptation bangs on the Tyler's door when you become Master.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quit griping about your lodge; if it was perfect, you couldn't belong.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A lodge doesn't need a better Master, it only needs to support for the one it has.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Some Past Masters minds are like concrete thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Harmony and brotherly love starts with a smile.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

I don't know why some Masons change lodges; what difference does it make which one you stay home from!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A true Masonic secret is when a Mason chooses to remain anonymous.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Don't wait for 6 strong lodge brothers to take you to a Masonic Memorial (Yours).

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A Past Master who angers you, controls you!


HAVE A GREAT MONDAY! - HUGS j

No comments: