Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Not Just Any Wednesday


OK, this is the second day of my birthday. (I never just celebrate on one day) - I was handed a card tonight at the York Rite meeting. It says on it "Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." I was touched because I wasn't expecting it and it came from a very special family. It made my day!

I also received some more e-mail birthday greetings, all of which were welcome and meaningful to me. I especially liked getting one from my "fan in Massachusetts." She is one of the few of my many readers who have sent me notes and I appreciate getting them. When she first discovered my blog her comment on it made my month (Yes month, I love compliments) and this time she sent me an interview with Craig Ferguson. She had read that I was upset with the writer's strike because he wasn't on and I missed him. That was cool.

I also got a Power Point presentation It is called "Life on a Train" and it ends with :
We’re all on this train ride together. Above all, we should all try to strive to make the ride as pleasant and memorable as we can, right up until we each make the final stop and leave the train for the last time.
It is so cool and meaningful. If you want it send an e-mail to JaycoleS@gmail.com and I will send it to you. I was touched and I sent it to several people.

It also says:
everyone’s journey will be filled with hopes, dreams, challenges, setbacks and goodbyes. We must strive to make the best of it… no matter what...


Anyway it is very meaningful and I loved getting it.

I also noticed that my friend Tim Bonney has finally gotten around to posting on his blog "Freemasonry Resources" after about a month and a half absence. It is good to see him back. Tim was just elected High Priest of Ascalon Chapter Royal Arch Masons. I am glad to see him taking on this responsibility. I was (briefly) a member of Ascalon until I realized that there was going to be no way that I could participate because it meets on Thursday nights and I must be in Ames at Arcadia Lodge for meetings on almost every Thursday so I switched to the downtown York Rite.

I went down tonight and helped with a practice for Saturday. It is going to be a big class on Saturday and I am excited. I have two parts and will be class marshal when I am not performing. That will take some pressure of from David and I would rather do that than sit on the sidelines.

I have been thinking about something to write about it but it is still gelling in my head. It has been hectic here and I don't see an end in sight but I will work on it in my head and perhaps write it soon.

Tomorrow we bring a new member into Lodge. I always like that and I will present him his Apron tomorrow night. I enjoy doing that.

I went to bed early last night (10:30) and slept well. However the "boys" are not cooperative so I was awakened at 5:50. I got up at 6:00 - no point in trying to sleep. Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment. Such fun. Have a good day. More later. Hugs, j-bear

Addendum: The poster is for a film. I worked on the play "Any Wednesday" when I was involved with Cedar Rapids Community Theater (in Cedar Rapids, of course) The star of the show was a woman I fell in love with. Her name was Verda Harper and she was the wife of Robert Harper. Bob was head of the theater department for Coe College and they had two boys, I loved them all but especially Verda. She was a little older than I was and I was in awe of her. They let me in as part of their family and it was a highlight of my time in Cedar Rapids.

I remember one time when Bob was ill with a cold and Verda was really fed up with him. The boys and Bob and I were sitting at table and Bob was moaning and groaning and putting all his drama into being ill. Verda was being matter of fact and was even slamming things down a little on the table. She was clearly tired of Bob and his "poor me syndrome."

Finally Bob made the remark that "Boy, you can't get any sympathy around here!" Robin, the oldest boy didn't miss a beat. he remarked "We can't afford the orchestra!" It broke everyone up and the atmosphere changed immediately. You can see while I loved them and spent a lot of time at their place.
So again I say thanks for visiting my blog and Hugs, j-bear.

No comments: